Thank you to everyone who took part in our school’s NIS’s Next Breakout Guru campus-wide competition! We were impressed by the originality of some of the entries and it looked as if the faculty and staff really got engaged with the activities, which is fantastic!
However, there could only be one winner per campus, so after much deliberation between the academic deans and the school directors, the final decisions were based on the entries that showcased products which encouraged cooperative student engagement in the classroom utilizing the Zoom Breakout Rooms.
In all four cases below the innovation expressed in utilizing the breakout rooms has been nothing short of stellar. Remember, the winners of this competition will receive:
- A lifetime supply of free advice from their division principal.
- A one month subscription to their AD’s school blog: The Academic Wonders.
- A virtual lunch with their school director, sanctioned by Teachers Against the Spread of Covid.
- And, of course, the winner will snatch the much coveted title of NIS’s Next Breakout Guru.
…And the winners are…
- Tagamo American: Mr. Ashraf Gabr: Social Studies Department, for a PPT tutorial combined with a PDF supplement for further information.
- Sherouk American: Ms. Aya Essam Abbas Hamisa, Science Department, for a pdf manual on how to create and use breakout rooms, a list of activities, a video on how to use breakout rooms, and an animated video
- Porto Said American: Ms. Salma Samy el-Nagar: English Department, for an instructional video
- New Capital American: Ms. Rana Gabr: English Department, for a PDF step-by-step guide
A huge congratulations to you all and enjoy your prizes! You have each earned the much-coveted title of NIS’s Next Breakout Guru.
Also, a massive thank you to the Porto campus staff who had, by far, the highest number of entries! We would also like to recognize Mr. Abdelatif Hawary for being the only staff member on all NIS campuses to submit their tutorial in Arabic. Well done, Sir!
In an unforeseen turn of events, NIS’s Management has offered a LE1000 pound payout to the creator of the single most creative and helpful product item from among each campus winner. School and Corporate Directors will team up to select the King or Queen of NIS Breakout Rooms.